Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 Reading Results (and 2014 plans)

So I just discovered the Goodreads Stats feature, which is pretty cool.  You can compare books across years, number of pages read, and compare publication dates to dates read.

This year, I read 24 more books than last, and 11,330 pages more than last year (42,388 total for 2013).  And the longest book I read was Stephen King's Under the Dome, at 1,074 pages.

I decided to make next year's reading target higher than last year's, and set it even with the number I've read this year: 111.  To that end, I also finally used the Want to Read feature for the first time, and added 30+ books to that list--all of which I have to read sometime next year.  They're all books I acquired this year for Kindle, and the idea is that it might keep me from buying too many new books next year--at least until I read some I already have.

If you're curious, you can check out my Goodreads profile.  I'd love to see what you're reading, too.

Thinking back, the best book I read this year was The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, with a few others deserving honorable mention: The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis, Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.  That neatly rounds out my best of in fantasy, young adult, and science fiction.

Feel free to share your favorite reads of the year in the comments below or over on Goodreads.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment