Monday, December 16, 2013

Finished Reading - The Long War



I decided to mirror the What I'm Reading page from my website over here, and offer just a few words of summation along with the books I finish.

I've been using a 10 point rating system for some time now, broken in quarter point steps, to give a little more flexibility than just the 1-5 stars most sites offer.

The book I finished today is The Long War, book 2 in the Long Earth series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter.  I liked it about as well as I liked the first book, which is to say that I think the concept is stupendous, the possibilities mind boggling, and some of the imagined Earths really interesting--but the plotting left me less than awe struck, a little more so in this second volume than the first.

Still, I'm interested enough to see what happens next that I'll definitely be picking up the 3rd installment when it comes out.

The Long War by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter

6.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment